Home Community Members options Forums Search Web
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Who Is Where: Visitors:
03: Community Forums
11: Community Forums
13: Photo Gallery
21: Photo Gallery
Staff Online:No staff members are online!
Pictures: 3642 ·
Views: 62679 ·
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a *
also change the forum look.
RSS - Australian Pipe Bands
[ RSS/Atom Feed Comments | Additional Details | Editor Review | Printer Friendly Page | Send to a Friend ]
Added on: 28-Feb-2007
[ Rate this RSS/Atom Feed ]
Australian Pipe Bands
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:31:46 GMT
Australian Pipe Bands
- QLD Police Band Job - Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:31:46 GMT
- The Queensland Police Pies & drums are currently looking to fill 2 permanent positions with the band.
Please access the link below to obtain further information. If this link does not work please go to Smartjobs.
QLD Police Band Job
- Pipe Bands WA promote championships with flash mob - Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:03:19 GMT
Pipe Bands WA staged a surprise flash mob stunt at Curtin University as a novel way to publicise its upcoming State Championships. Students were curious to watch a lone drummer walk out onto the courtyard near the library building, and then a little astonished when a young female student picked up bagpipes to play along. But when seven separate pipe bands started marching from different directions of the campus, the whole university suddenly became engaged.
The 45 pipers and drummers kept in perfect sync playing the tune Highland Cathedral, and formed a giant crescent shape to entertain the gathered crowd.
The flash mob video will be used on social media to spread the news that the State Pipe Band Championships are from noon to 4pm on Saturday, March 29, at Edinburgh Oval at the entrance to Curtin University. The YouTube video can be seen at http://youtu.be/CtksAvk6myU
- Brisbane Boys' College - Highland Gathering - Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:50:12 GMT
- Brisbane Boys' College Pipe Band are holding their 3rd Annual Highland Gathering on Sunday 30th March on the grounds of BBC.
This year we are running solo piping / drumming, Pipe Band and Drum Majors competitions as well as Highland Dancing Championships.
There will be Scottish Food, Drink and a host of Tartan and other goodies available from the various stalls in attendance.
Further details can be found via the BBC Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/676513529058426/
entry forms can be obtained via the QPBA website: http://www.pipebandsqld.org/0/index.php/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2014/03/30/476/-/bbc-band-contest-2014?Itemid=63
Hope to see you there.....
Director, Brisbane Boys' College Pipe Band
- VALE: Colin V. Cairns (Australia) 22.08.1929 – 30.10.2013 - Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:55:51 GMT
- Colin died peacefully at home on Wednesday 30 October 2013.
Mentored by Geoff Ross, Colin, with Iain Indian, invented one of the first synthetic drone reeds which became popular in the mid/late-1980s.
Colin has been an inspiration to those of us who studied ceol mor and the bagpipe in general. His contribution to the world of piping over many years will be sadly missed.
- Vale Kevin Metcalfe - Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:11:41 GMT
- It is with deep regret that I inform you of the passing of Kevin Metcalfe Sunday night whilst in Shepperton with his daughter and grandchildren.
Funeral date to be announced. He will be sorely missed.
- Eastern Goldfields HIghland Pipe Band Reunion - Tue, 04 Jun 2013 20:50:44 GMT
- The Eastern Goldfields Highland Pipeband is having a belated 80th birthday weekend on the weekend of 21 / 22 September 2013. This is the weekend of the Kalgoorlie cup and Coolgardie day. The EGHPB and friends will be playing at the race meeting on Saturday and a street march at Coolgardie on the Sunday. There will be a get together at the Caledonian Society hall with a $50 cover charge on the Saturday night. So far we have 20 pipers and 16 drummers taking part. If anybody is interested in attending contact me for details.
- Brisbane Boys' College Pipe Band Competition - Sat, 23 Mar 2013 21:12:28 GMT
- Brisbane Boys' College Pipe Band are holding it's 2nd 'Highland Gathering' on Sunday 24th March 2013.
There are 12 bands, 5 Drum Majors, Scottish Stalls, Clan Tents and Scottish food which is fantastic in only our second year.
The competition is on BBC Main Oval (entrance off Moggill Road, Toowong, Brisbane) and starts at 1:00pm
Entry and Parking if FREE, so if you are in the area why not come along and support the event.
If you need any info please feel free to contact me via email
Director BBC Pipe Band
- Lachlan McCabe Memorial Piping Award - Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:58:58 GMT
- The Australian Celtic Festival at Glen Innes NSW will host the Lachlan McCabe Memorial encouragement piping contest for pipers under 25 years of age.
Prize money of $1000 is on offer.
Details at the ACF website http://www.australiancelticfestival.com
- Year of Scotland - 2013 Australian Celtic Festival - Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:58:24 GMT
- 2013 is the Year of Scotland at the Australian Celtic Festival, Glen Innes NSW, 1st-5th May 2013.
Each year the festival celebrates a different Celtic "nation". This year it's Scotland's turn.
Check the festival website for more info.
- Highland Clans Plan a Geelong Invasion - Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:44:45 GMT
- Highland clans plan a Geelong invasion
The 56th Geelong Highland Gathering, which will be held for the first time at Deakin Universityâ€™s Campus at Waurn Ponds, an outer-Geelong suburb, will expand again in 2013 and will also host a Scottish folk music concert.
[ Rate this RSS/Atom Feed
Most Viewed Pictures
You must be aregistered user
to receive our newsletterRegister Now!
Join a Group • Band Members • Solos
Log in to join or manage group memberships
Top 10 Feeds
Top 10 Links